Placing an order in 4 easy steps:
1) GET IN TOUCH: Let us know which design you’re interested in, what items you require and how many. We’ll get back to you with your custom quotation asap.
2) PAY YOUR DEPOSIT: Before design work commences we require a non-refundable deposit which will secure you a spot on our design schedule. The deposit price will be deducted from your final invoice. Payment is taken via our online shop.
3) CHECK YOUR DESIGN PROOF: Once we have all relevant information we will spend time incorporating your details into your chosen design. When this is done, we will email you a pdf proof for you to check. Up to two revisions are included in the price.
4) PAY YOUR REMAINING BALANCE: Once you are 100% happy with your design and have checked (and double checked) your spelling/grammar and confirmed numbers we will set up a custom listing for you in our online shop requesting the remaining balance to be paid. Once paid your order will be in production and on it’s way to you in no time!
How do I pay?
Payment is taken via our online Etsy shop. Alternatively, payment can be made via bank transfer or cheque but we will be unable to begin working on your artwork until all funds have cleared.
Once your deposit has been paid and you have provided us with all the necessary information, we will start working on your artwork. Once we have your artwork ready, we will send you a PDF proof via email. Up to two revisions are included in the price. It will be your responsibility to check the proof thoroughly to ensure all the details are correct including wording, spelling and punctuation. We would highly recommend getting a friend or relative to look over this with you as we cannot be held responsible for any errors of this kind and we will be unable to change your artwork once the proof has been approved.
When ordering you may want to consider that if you have 80 guests you may not need 80 invites as some will be couples or families. Once you have worked out your total you might want to order a couple more than you think you’ll need as we will be unable to add additional numbers to your order once it has gone to print. If you do require additional copies after your order has gone to print we will have to price these accordingly.
Bespoke / Custom Orders
Whether you have a particular theme, colour scheme or special photograph you’d like to include, we can work with you to create the design you require. Simply contact us and let us know what you are looking for. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible. This service is priced on a job by job basis depending on the requirements of each customer and requires a deposit be paid before design work can begin. As with all of our printed goods we have a minimum order of 25 per design. Turnaround times for this service can vary and tend to take a little longer than ordering one of our existing designs. For more details, Click Here.
Proofs will be sent via email within 7 business days of your deposit being paid. Once artwork has been approved and the remaining balance has been paid, we’ll send your order into production. You should receive your order within 7-14 days. Bespoke/custom orders can take a little longer depending on the nature of the design work.
It costs £4.95 for orders with a U.K mainland address. Orders will be sent via Royal Mail Signed For™ 1st Class. Orders outside the U.K will be priced accordingly.
It is your responsibility to check through all of your information to ensure there are no wording, spelling or punctuation mistakes. You may want to double check that names, dates, addresses, times, emails and telephone numbers are all correct as we cannot be held responsible for any errors of this kind.
If you’re curious about our printing and card stock then order a sample! PLEASE NOTE: Our samples cannot be personalised and we cannot include envelopes.
Can’t Find Something?
If you’re looking for something in particular but can’t find it, drop us an email! We’ll see if we can help you with your request.
Refunds are not available on printed items but you will see a proof of your artwork which will need to be approved before anything goes to print. If you wish to cancel an order you can do so any time BEFORE approving your final proof, however deposits are non-refundable as work is often undertaken very shortly following payment. Once you have approved your artwork and the balance is fully paid your order will be in production. Due to the personalised nature of our products, we are unable to cancel your order or offer a refund at this stage. Please order a sample if you wish to check card stock or printing before placing an order.
• Information I Collect •
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom print order or personalised gift message, for example), if you contact me directly.
• Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It •
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support.
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list.
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
- As necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as
_1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services
• Information Sharing and Disclosure •
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
• Data Retention •
• Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU •
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
• Your Rights •
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object: You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
Complaints: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
• How to Contact Me •
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Eleanor Pajak, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com.
Alternately, you may mail me at:
Eleanor Pajak, Over Here, South Arcade, Corn Street Exchange, Bristol, BS1 1JQ
All content is copyright Knitted Lemon. Customers may not edit, re-sell or reproduce Knitted Lemon artwork in any way.